Wednesday, February 29, 2012

4 Months

Violet had her 4 month appointment today.  She smiled and giggled throughout her exam and charmed her doctor and nurse.  She received her second dose of the rotavirus vaccine and I'm happy to report that she kept all of it down.  She also received a shot in each leg.  She cried for less than a minute and was very brave.

The doctor said that she's very strong and predicted that she will be an early crawler.  Violet also got the green light to begin solids, so we'll look into that soon.  Here are her stats from this appointment:
Height:  25 1/4 in.  80%
Weight:  15 lb, 11 oz  90%
Head Circumference: 17"  95%
Her doctor thinks she is going to be tall and that her weight increase will taper off once she starts crawling.

I'm so glad that she got a clean bill of health and that her appointment went so well.  I was a little worried since this was her first appointment that I took her to by myself, but she made it very easy. 

She's worn out and sleeping now, so I'll try and get a good picture to add later!

1 comment:

  1. Violet,
    I am looking forward to our lunch date on March 2 and our next walk together. I really enjoyed pushing you in your stroller on Sunday night. You fell asleep the second mom and dad dropped off your formula and slept for almost two hours before you woke up. After you woke up you drank your bottle and fell back asleep. You are such a good girl. Your mom and dad are terrific also. Grandpa F.

    ReplyDelete