Speaking of birthdays, today was my 31st! Last year we had a party for my 30th birthday that involved Waldo pizza, chocolate mouse cake from Cupini's and a fire pit on the deck with my friends. Even though my cake didn't have a real candle, I wished for Violet when I pretended to blow it out.
We didn't have a party this year, but I did have a fantastic day! I got to sleep past 9 and David woke me up with my birthday-wish-come-true in one arm and a bag from Lamar's Donuts in the other. I put on my favorite dress and we headed to the River Market where we wandered the antique store for a while. Afterwards, we had a leisurely brunch at The Farmhouse. On the way home, we stopped by our friends' house for a visit and then headed to Cupini's where I got a single slice of my favorite cake. Later, we met all of the Fritzes at Orange Leaf for frozen yogurt and they sang to me in the middle of the store : ) I wasn't planning on eating so many sweets, but it was a great way to celebrate.
I will also remember today as the day Violet got her first tooth! David discovered it today when she was gnawing on his finger. We attempted to take a picture of it and this is the best we could do.
Violet was perfectly content to travel all over the city with us today
and I'm so glad I got to spend my birthday with my sweet little family!

Oh my gosh! You and your red dress and Violet with her little rose - Too cute!!!! Your birthday sounds so fun and relaxing! I'm glad it was a great day :)
ReplyDeleteWonderful picture! So nice to see one of the two of you :-) You both look so pretty! I love Violet's hair like that. Can't wait to give you both a big hug!
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday Erica! It sounds like you had a wonderful day! That picture of you and Violet is beyond precious.
ReplyDelete