I subbed in the 4th grade classroom with my old students this past Friday while you stayed home with Grandma Baker. It's the longest I've ever been away from you, but you had a great day with your grandma. Then the next day, Grandma Baker and I went to a master class taught by Yo-Yo Ma at the new performing arts center. You stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Fritz that afternoon and got lots of love and attention. It's so nice to live near your grandparents!
You've always been an expert at grabbing mommy's hair, but you've recently been successful at grabbing your own hair as well as the hanging toys on your play mat and the sides of your changing table. You actually enjoy being on your changing table and you get really smiley and talkative when you're lying there. Lately, you've been smiling and cooing at something you see over my shoulder. There's not really anything there, so I'm not sure what you're looking at. Makes me think we have a friendly ghost or something.
You've also begun a pattern of having an hour or two of fussiness in the evening. We try a lot of things to make you happy, but you seem to like your swing the most. You also love to sit in our laps while we play the piano for you. Luckily, you're not picky about the melody. I guess you just like the sound of it. You also really like the Sesame Street video "I Love My Hair." I know you're not really supposed to be watching things when you're this little, but I think we can make an exception for this adorable video:
You're as cute as ever and you're growing way too fast. We've already had to pack away some of your 3 month sized clothes. You cry when you're hot, so we try to steer clear of the fleece sleepers unless it's a really cold day. We're going to join the Y since you're 3 months old now. I can't wait to buy you a little swimming suit when you take your first swim class. We love you so much and have enjoyed every minute of these last 3 months with you.
I'm catching up - can't believe how big she's getting! And I love the Sesame Street reference.
ReplyDelete